Taco Tater Skins Recipe
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salsa and/or sour cream, optional
- 1. Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Reduce heat to 350°. When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes lengthwise into quarters. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use).
- 2. Combine the butter and taco seasoning; brush over both sides of potato skins. Place skin side down on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese, bacon and onions.
- 3. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with salsa and/or sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
3 each: 447 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Taco Tater Skins
"I have this recipe cut out from the Feb '99 CW and have been making it ever since. I use the whole potato (not just the skins) and make it a whole meal. If you use the microwave to "bake" the potatoes, or better yet, use a couple quarts of home canned ones, it's a super fast well-received supper."
"My family LOVED these! They went really well with an appetizer buffet."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.