Taco Tater Skins Recipe
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salsa and/or sour cream, optional
- 1. Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Reduce heat to 350°. When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes lengthwise into quarters. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use).
- 2. Combine the butter and taco seasoning; brush over both sides of potato skins. Place skin side down on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese, bacon and onions.
- 3. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with salsa and/or sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 447 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.