Taco Tater Skins Recipe
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 15 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salsa and/or sour cream, optional
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Reduce heat to 350°. When cool enough to handle, cut the potatoes lengthwise into quarters. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use).
- Combine the butter and taco seasoning; brush over both sides of potato skins. Place skin side down on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese, bacon and onions.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with salsa and/or sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Taco Tater Skins(3)
Sort By :
I have this recipe cut out from the Feb '99 CW and have been making it ever since. I use the whole potato (not just the skins) and make it a whole meal. If you use the microwave to "bake" the potatoes, or better yet, use a couple quarts of home canned ones, it's a super fast well-received supper.
A family favorite for eight years. I always made these on Thanksgiving Eve for a late night snack as my hungry sons arrived home from college. I used the pulp to make the mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving dinner the next day. Absolutely delicious!
My family LOVED these! They went really well with an appetizer buffet.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >