Here's a tasty, different way to serve up the flavor of tacos without having to make a trip to the grocery store for the taco shells. And if you can bake the potatoes in a microwave oven, the whole entree takes only a few minutes to prepare.Beverly Hockel, Odin, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 package (1-1/4-ounces) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Bake potatoes in a microwave or conventional oven.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown ground beef; drain. Add onion, chili
- powder, taco seasoning and water. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Heat
- refried beans in a small saucepan.
- Slice baked potatoes open. Spoon taco filling into each; top with 1-2
- tablespoons beans and sprinkle with cheese. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Top with sour cream.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 450 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 942 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 26 g protein.