- 4 medium green peppers
- 1/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Reduce heat to low. Add the tomatoes, taco seasoning and garlic. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain orzo; stir into meat mixture. Add 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon into peppers. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Taco Stuffed Peppers
"We enjoyed these but felt they needed a bit more salt & taco seasoning. Will definitely make again though!"
"I used rice rather than orzo. Even though we eat relatively low sodium meals, next time I'll add a little salt."
"Very good weeknight dinner recipe. I changed it up a bit but using half hot It. Sausage and half lean grnd beef; a little more orzo, cheese, garlic and next time more tomato."