- 2 medium green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef or lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon into peppers. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until peppers are tender. Top with sour cream, cheese and tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Taco-Stuffed Pepper Cups
Sort By :
"Excellent!! Definitly will make again."
"I made extra to have the next day. I would advise not stuffing all of the peppers until you are ready to eat. We substituted ground turkey for Boca crumbles and pinto beans (made from dry bean) for the kidney beans. I made my own taco season."
"I was not a fan of stuffed peppers until I tried this recipe. These are only lightly parboiled which allows the peppers to keep their crispiness and eliminates the bitterness some peppers get when cooked too long. I find Traditional stuffed peppers have a bitter sogginess to the pepper from overcooking. This is a very easy tasty recipe which everyone in my house loves. Even the vegetable haters eat them!"
"To make it lower in calories will not use beans. Very good meal!"