From Spearville, Kansas, Pat Habiger shares her pretty stuffed peppers. "When green, red or yellow bell peppers are plentiful, they create a colorful container for this spicy taco mixture that's ready in record time," she promises.
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef or lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon into peppers. Place in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until peppers are tender. Top with sour cream, cheese and tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Taco-Stuffed Pepper Cups in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p8
Reviews for Taco-Stuffed Pepper Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review