- 18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) taco sauce, divided
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 20 baked tortilla chip scoops, coarsely crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add 1/2 cup taco sauce, cream cheese and chili powder; cook and stir until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese blend.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Stuff each shell with about 2 tablespoons beef mixture. Arrange in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; spoon remaining taco sauce over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese blend. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chips.
- Freeze option: Sprinkle casserole with remaining cheese blend. Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Sprinkle with chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells
"The grandkids loved it and it was simple to make."
"I will make this again!!! Everyone loved it! You could add veggies to this. I added some corn."
"Good. Freezes well, I just let it defrost in the fridge overnight and cooked as usual."
"Very good! I topped it with coarsely crushed Doritos......yummy!!! Served with sour cream...no brainer. Love this recipe!! ??"
"Very good and flavorful"