Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe
“Here's a kid-friendly dish so flavorful and fun, nobody is likely to guess that it's also lower in fat," says Anne Thomsen of Westchester, Ohio. "A great family supper for busy weeknights!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) taco sauce, divided
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 20 baked tortilla chip scoops, coarsely crushed
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add 1/2 cup taco sauce, cream cheese and chili powder; cook and stir until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese blend.
- 2. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stuff each shell with about 2 tablespoons beef mixture. Arrange in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon remaining taco sauce over the top.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese blend. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chips. Yield: 6 servings.
3 stuffed shells equals 384 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 665 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC