- 18 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) taco sauce, divided
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 20 baked tortilla chip scoops, coarsely crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add 1/2 cup taco sauce, cream cheese and chili powder; cook and stir until blended. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese blend.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stuff each shell with about 2 tablespoons beef mixture. Arrange in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon remaining taco sauce over the top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese blend. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chips.
- Freeze option: Sprinkle casserole with remaining cheese blend. Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Sprinkle with chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells
Sort By :
"its official! my son gave this dish his stamp of approval as the best Mexican dish he's ever eaten and he actually rushed home to eat the leftovers before anyone else could get to it. I made it exactly as written and it was delish!"
"Made these for lunch. WOW. GREAT. Added a few red pepper for a little kick."
"I have been making these since they originally came out.my grandkids love them and so do my husband and i. Leftovers freeze well. Very good!"
"I made this the day before and then baked it the next day. We really liked it"
"Excellent and have made it multiple times!"