Taco Stovetop Supper Recipe
In Addy, Washington, Barbara Ingils serves a crowd with her quick-to-fix skillet supper that gets zip from taco seasoning mix. "This recipe makes a lot, but the left-overs taste even better the next day," she remarks.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- Optional garnishes: tortillas, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion, shredded lettuce and/or taco sauce
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, tomatoes, V8 juice, corn and taco seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish as desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Taco Stovetop Supper in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p14
Reviews for Taco Stovetop Supper(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2010
This was very good. I can't wait to eat in again!! I can't believe how easy it was... The hardest part was cooking the meat the rest was so quick and it came together in a snap. Thank you for this recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >