- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Tortilla chips
- 1 cup salsa
- In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, corn, chili powder, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese.
- Place shredded lettuce and 10 tortilla chips on each plate; top with taco mixture and 2 tablespoons salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Taco Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p48
Reviews for Taco Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review