- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn (about 7 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Crushed tortilla chips, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5-10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. If desired, top each serving with tortilla chips.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled stew in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Stew
"Very bland, but it was simple and the kids liked it."
"We found this to be very bland. Had to add all kinds of spices and salt for some flavor. A packet of taco seasoning would really help, unfortunately I didn't have any. I have another recipe for taco soup, I think I'll stick to it."
"Tried this tonight, added 1/2 chopped sweet onion and reduced the Chili Powder to 1/2 Teaspoons. (2 teaspoons chili powder is too overpowering, in my opinion) It was great! Served with Cornbread."
"Very simple and very delicious! I served it with a side of warm cornbread muffins and honey, and my family loved it. Definitely a keeper!"