Taco Spaghetti Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Break spaghetti into thirds; cook according to package directions for al dente.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in beans, tomatoes, 1 cup cheese and salsa. Drain spaghetti; add to beef mixture and toss to combine.
Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole, covered, 55-60 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 439 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 927mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Taco Spaghetti
"Easy to make and very filling. Quite tasty! I'll make this again!"
"Not bad, but not great. Pretty filling. I would give 3.5 stars if I could. I think making a few changes like adding some corn or maybe some tortilla chips for a crunch would maybe add something."
"OMG! This brought back a taste to my mouth from my childhood! We all loved it and had seconds! Thankfully, there's only 3 of us here, so there's some leftovers! A definitely keeper in this household! Thanks for sharing!"
"this was sooo good I took some to work for two of my coworkers and everyone loved it. The only change I made was to use chipotle taco seasoning mix rather than regular and it added just the right amount of heat to the recipe.....will definitely make again may add corn as another reviewer mentioned."
"Very yummy! I was out of salsa so subbed enchilada sauce. Great as is but we like spicy so next time I'll add jalapeno!"
"I don't do reviews but I had to this time. this was so so good. I added corn and peas and everyone just loved it. I will be making again. oh, I also added extra cheese and Cajun creole seasoning."
"This just didn't do it for me. Not a bad recipe, but I won't make it again."
"So simple and so taste. Got raves and my house."
"Just made for the first time this evening.... It was wonderful!! Made it with gluttonFree pasta and would not have known the difference!! We also added some sliced black olivesAnd additional cheese - we like things very cheesey!!"