Taco Soup Recipe
My family loves Mexican food so I came up with a soup which features all of those wonderful flavors. I serve this soup with tortilla chips on the side.—Roxanne Barone, Billings, Montana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 to 16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, chopped tomato and corn chips, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, brown beef and onion; drain. Puree the tomatoes in their liquid; add to pan with tomato sauce, water, beans, corn and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Top each serving with cheese, avocado and tomato, and serve with chips if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 252 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 885 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC