We first sampled this soup when we were camping with friends. Cooks around here use beans in lots of different dishes. It's easy to whip up this soup when time is short. - Jane Ficiur, Bow Island, Alberta
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (12 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes
- and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10
- minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 10
- servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 234 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.