Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- Corn chips, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef and onion; drain. Add corn, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with corn chips, cheese and/or sour cream if desired. Yield: 4-6 serving (1-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Taco Soup(5)
Sort By :
To make this more like a soup ,I used an un-drained can of corn, like wise with the kidney beans. Left out tomato sauce and used stewed tomatoes and put a jar of salsa in. You could add a can of beef broth for more "soupieness". Cheese and sour cream, tortilla chips really add to the flair.
Was a good quick dinner, and I had all the things on hand, we scooped ours with Tostitos Chips!
I made this with leftover taco meat and the kids asked for more....a keeper
This was pretty good however, I have another recipe for Taco soup that I like better which is why I gave this recipe 4 stars but for timeliness you can't beat how fast this comes together. For Soup it is dry to me. It is more of a chip dip. But that is personal preference.
I used the hot taco seasoning really good fast and easy put it over taco chips