Taco Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a large Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the next 11 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with cheese and serve with chips if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Taco Soup(3)
Sort By :
This soup is delicious! After only serving it once, family members were requesting it! very easy too!
I love this soup. It is hearty, satisfying, and quick. I used all pinto beans and whole kernal corn. So good with cornbread!
This is sooo delicious with a dollop of sour cream. Instead of lima beans, I use 2 cans of kidney beans.