Taco Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 to 16 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, chopped tomato and corn chips, optional
- In a large saucepan, brown beef and onion; drain. Puree the tomatoes in their liquid; add to pan with tomato sauce, water, beans, corn and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Top each serving with cheese, avocado and tomato, and serve with chips if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Taco Soup(3)
Sort By :
Very easy to make & everyone loved it. My husband added salsa and chilies to his as it wasn't spicy enough for him, but it was just right for me. We added shredded cheese, sour cream and crushed tortillas to it when we served it. We will definitely be making this again.
Very easy to make & delicious! I used only 1 pound of hamburger as i don't like alot of meat & i used pureed tomatoes so that i didn't need to do it myself like the recipe says. I also garnished with cheese, tomato slices & sour cream. We had Tostidos with the soup & it was sooo good!
I added another can of beans and a small can of mild green chilies. I loved how it instructed me to blend up the tomatoes. Made it a lot more kid friendly. Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Soup Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >