I enjoy preparing one-dish dinners, and this is one of my favorites because it's so easy and attractive. Served with tortilla chips or taco shells, it's a fun meal for everyone. And because it's so festive looking, I put the skillet right on the table when we have company.
Recommended: 22 Ground Beef Skillet Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips or taco shells, shredded lettuce and salsa
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies and garlic powder; cook until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cumin and chili powder; spread over beef mixture. Top with tomato, olives and green pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips or taco shells, lettuce and salsa. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Taco Skillet in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p27
Reviews for Taco Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2010
"So easy to make, husband has requested this be added to our regular menus. Also, turns out as colorful as the photo."
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2009
Reviewed May. 7, 2009
"Re: Taco SkilletThis is delicious and so easySally Putnam"
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2008
"awesome cooking! to people on this website cook it and see what it tastes like its good"