Taco Skillet Supper Recipe
Using ground turkey breast in place of traditional ground beef makes this meal a little lighter, but without sacrificing flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:8 servings
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1. Coat a 2-qt. baking dish with cooking spray; add potatoes and 1 tablespoon onion. dissolve bouillon in water; pour 1/2 cup over potatoes. In a large bowl, combine the taco seasoning, milk, 1/4 cup salsa, oats, egg substitute and remaining onion; crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Spread over potatoes. Combine remaining salsa and chicken broth; pour over the turkey mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 193 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC