Taco Skillet Supper
Using ground turkey breast in place of traditional ground beef makes this meal a little lighter, but without sacrificing flavor.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped, divided
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- Coat a 2-qt. baking dish with cooking spray; add potatoes and 1
- tablespoon onion. dissolve bouillon in water; pour 1/2 cup over
- potatoes. In a large bowl, combine the taco seasoning, milk, 1/4 cup
- salsa, oats, egg substitute and remaining onion; crumble turkey over
- mixture and mix well.
- Spread over potatoes. Combine remaining salsa and chicken broth; pour
- over the turkey mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or
- until a meat thermometer reads 165° and meat is no longer pink.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 193 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium,