I enjoy preparing one-dish dinners, and this is one of my favorites because it's so easy and attractive. Served with tortilla chips or taco shells, it's a fun meal for everyone. And because it's so festive looking, I put the skillet right on the table when we have company.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips or taco shells, shredded lettuce and salsa
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies and garlic powder; cook until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cumin and chili powder; spread over beef mixture. Top with tomato, olives and green pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips or taco shells, lettuce and salsa. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Taco Skillet in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p27
Reviews for Taco Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review