- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tortilla chips or taco shells, shredded lettuce and salsa
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies and garlic powder; cook until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cumin and chili powder; spread over beef mixture. Top with tomato, olives and green pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips or taco shells, lettuce and salsa. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Skillet
"I tried this recipe and it is fabulous! My family loved it and it was so easy. I used a little less refried beans and more ground beef."
"This is my 10 yr. old daughters favorite. She has requested it for her birthday dinner this year. Super easy to make and tastes good too!"
"Thought it was delicious and easy. Made it with ground turkey and loved it."
"Fantastic! Easier than tacos! Everything is in one dish - so easy. I used ground turkey and it was delicious."
"My family really enjoys this. We use it as a filling for taco shells or as a dip on tortilla chips. Quick and Easy!!!"