- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco
- seasoning. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is evaporated. Spoon
- into pastry shells.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the milk, butter,
- garlic powder, salt and pepper; mash until smooth. Spread over meat
- Sprinkle one pie with half of the cheeses. Cover and freeze for up to
- 3 months. Bake remaining pie, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until
- heated through and cheese is melted.
- To use frozen pie: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from
- the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or
- until heated through. Yield: 2 pies (6 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 696 calories, 37 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 1,138 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.