- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 6-7 batches (about 3/4 cup total).
- To prepare tacos: In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Reviews for Taco Seasoning Mix(5)
Sort By :
I've tried a lot of different seasoning recipes for tacos and this is the only one that my kids like.
YUCK. This was horribly salty. I would never make it again.
I needed a low sodium taco mix and made with only 1 TBSP salt instead of 3. It was much better than the packaged stuff and cheaper too. Will keep this recipe.
My family agrees that they would rather have this seasoning for taco meat instead of buying the packets at the store. A great money saving idea for the person who always has these ingredients on hand.
I have been making this recipe for many years. I have to make a very large batch because my friends all want me to share. I cut down the salt. This is the best taco seasoning I ever had.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Taco Recipes >
- Marinades >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >