Taco Seasoning Mix Recipe
Create your own zippy taco seasoning for spicing up Mexican dishes. It's handy and less expensive than buying envelopes of prepared mix from the store. —Karen Owen, Rising Sun, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 6-7 batches (about 3/4 cup total).
- 2. To prepare tacos: In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
1-1/2 teaspoons mix and 1/4 pound ground beef equals 200 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 873 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC