- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 6-7 batches (about 3/4 cup total).
- To prepare tacos: In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Reviews for Taco Seasoning Mix
"I have used this recipe since it first came out in Quick Cooking years ago. I always cut the salt in half, and sometimes by two-thirds. I also don't add bouillion. Instead, I add beef soup base equivalent when making the taco meat - less sodium again."
"Citric acid is a good replacement for 90% of the salt used. Just gives a slight lemon flavor, which I love anyway. I also use less critic acid than I did salt a lot. Not a lot of difference in price, really good for salt problems."
"easy and quick to make. Most of these ingredients are on hand. The taste was great."
"great alternative to store brands - will make it again, but I also cut down on the salt"
"I've tried a lot of different seasoning recipes for tacos and this is the only one that my kids like."