You'll be surprised how fast and delicious this recipe from the Taste of Home Test Kitchen can be. By combining spices already in your spice rack, you'll create a traditional taco seasoning without a trip to the grocery store.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 8 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight
- container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 2 teaspoons equals 16 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.