Are Mexican-style entrees popular at your house? You'll appreciate the convenience of this seasoned meat that's tasty in traditional tacos. Since you brown all the ground beef at once, you save time and cleanup when using the leftovers.
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 4 envelopes taco seasoning
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2/3 cup water
- 8 taco shells
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- Shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and/or chopped tomatoes
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions until meat is no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the taco seasoning. Cool.
- Spoon 2-1/2 cups into four resealable freezer bags. Freeze for up to
- 3 months. Yield: 4 batches (10 cups total).
To prepare tacos: In a saucepan or skillet, combine water and 2-1/2 cups of seasoned meat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon 1/3 cupful into each taco shell. Top with lettuce, cheese, olives, sour cream and/or tomatoes if desired.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 132 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.