Taco Sandwich Recipe
One evening, Mom and I helped each other put together this sandwich using things we had on hand. It's delicious and was an instant hit with our family.—Melody Stoltzfus, Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and salsa until blended. Spread inside bread shell; set aside.
- 4. Drain beef. Stir in taco seasoning. Layer lettuce and tomato in bottom of bread shell; top with beef mixture and cheese. Replace bread top. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 477 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,173 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC