Taco Sandwich Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and salsa until blended. Spread inside bread shell; set aside.
- 4. Drain beef. Stir in taco seasoning. Layer lettuce and tomato in bottom of bread shell; top with beef mixture and cheese. Replace bread top. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 477 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1173mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Taco Sandwich
"I made this one night for my brother and his 2 friends and they all loved it! So did my boyfriend and I. It is delicious! :)"
"This was real good but I will change the layering next time I make it. I will combine the meat & cheese (keep hot)and make the meat mixture the bottom layer, followed by the lettuce, tomato & add onion."