Taco Salad Recipe
This fresh-tasting salad is the perfect accompaniment to the zippy burritos. It's really quick to toss together.—Kathy Ybarra, Rock Springs, Wyoming
- 6 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 to 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 cups nacho tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, layer the first five ingredients in order listed. Just before serving, add chips and salad dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup: 405 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Taco Salad
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2010
"It is great. I have made it several times."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC