Taco Salad Wraps Recipe
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons salsa, divided
- 1/4 cup chili beans, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/3 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 baked tortilla chip scoops, coarsely crushed
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1/3 cup salsa, beans, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Spoon meat mixture onto each tortilla. Layer with lettuce, tomato, cheese, crushed tortilla chips and remaining salsa; roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 345 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 764mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Taco Salad Wraps
"Wouldn't you just call this a taco?"
"Love this recipe. I make it all the time. I forget the tortilla's and just make a taco salad out of it for even less fat. So much flavor without all the guilt."
"This was a great switch up from regular tacos! Easy, quick meal. Meat has a great taste. I left out the beans. I used reduced fat chedder cheese and wheat wraps. I added fat free sour cream. Served with tortilla chips and salsa on the side. I quadrupled the recipe for my family. Definately will make again."
"These were excellent, the meat had a great flavor. Was a little skeptical at first that with the chili beans and powder would have a distinct chili taste but this was not the case at all! I added some chopped green pepper to the meat for some extra kick, and served the meat mixture over crushed tortilla chips rather than soft shell tacos. Will definitely make again!"
"It was easier for me to make enough for 8 servings since I had a pound of beef and a full can of beans. I froze the extra meat mixture in small containers for future meals."
"What a great idea. Love Taco salad."