Taco Salad with Baked Shells Recipe
Instead of using deep-fried salad shells, this recipe calls for baking flour tortillas in the microwave. Doing so keeps all the flavor and reduces the fat.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas (9 inches)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, sliced ripe olives, chopped onions and sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, water and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, place each tortilla in a microwave-safe 7-in.-diameter shallow bowl, forming a shell. Spritz with butter spray. Microwave two at a time on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Carefully remove from bowls to serving plates.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine refried beans and salsa. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into tortilla shells. Top with the beef mixture and cheese. Serve with lettuce, olives, onions and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Taco Salad in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2004, p7
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Taco Salad with Baked Shells(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review