Taco Salad with a Twist
“My husband and son say this is the best taco salad they’ve ever had! I usually fix it on crazy days when there’s no time to cook.” Vivian Schuler - Cheboygan, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 package (9 ounces) iceberg lettuce blend
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup green goddess salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Add the
- beef, beans, cheese and corn chips. Drizzle with salad dressing;
- toss to coat. Dollop with sour cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 464 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon