Taco Salad with a Twist Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (9 ounces) iceberg lettuce blend
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup green goddess salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Add the beef, beans, cheese and corn chips. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Dollop with sour cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 464 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Taco Salad with a Twist
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.