“My husband and son say this is the best taco salad they’ve ever had! I usually fix it on crazy days when there’s no time to cook.” Vivian Schuler - Cheboygan, Michigan
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (9 ounces) iceberg lettuce blend
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup green goddess salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Add the beef, beans, cheese and corn chips. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Dollop with sour cream. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Taco Salad with a Twist in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p50
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Taco Salad with a Twist
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review