Taco Salad Waffles
“What a quick and easy twist on the usual Mexican fare,” writes Trisha Kruse from Eagle, Idaho. “This recipe is perfect for a build-your-own party for teens, and I’ve also served it as a brunch dish—to rave reviews.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 8 frozen waffles
- Shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cubed avocado, salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the salsa, chilies and taco seasoning. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast waffles according to package directions. Serve with
- beef mixture and the toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 waffles with 1/2 cup beef mixture (calculated without optional toppings) equals 432 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,676 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.