- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 8 frozen waffles
- Shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cubed avocado, salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, chilies and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast waffles according to package directions. Serve with beef mixture and the toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Taco Salad Waffles
"I really liked this different version of a taco salad. Very good quick dinner."
"Great, quick recipe! Great for school nights when we have alot to do. What a wonderful idea to use the waffles. This was a big hit in my house!"
"I thought this was a great idea. The only thing I changed was to make my own waffles using a mexican cornbread recipe. They were great!"