“What a quick and easy twist on the usual Mexican fare,” writes Trisha Kruse from Eagle, Idaho. “This recipe is perfect for a build-your-own party for teens, and I’ve also served it as a brunch dish—to rave reviews.”
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 8 frozen waffles
- Shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, cubed avocado, salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, chilies and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast waffles according to package directions. Serve with beef mixture and the toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Taco Salad Waffles in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p11
Reviews for Taco Salad Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review