- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 1/2 cup fat-free Catalina salad dressing
- Shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the chili powder, garlic powder, bouillon, cumin and salt; remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomato, orange pepper and green onions. Spoon beef mixture into taco shells; top with salad mixture. Drizzle with dressing. Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTaco Salad Tacos
"Very good! Pretty close to the way I usually make tacos! I had never had peppers in my tacos salad before, so that was a good addition!! Loved the 'crunch' it gave! I served this on corn chips instead of taco shells.Also I love the fact that you make your own seasoning and can control how much sodium, etc goes in it!"
"This is really a great recipe. It is so easy to use spices and herbs from your cupboard rather than those prepackaged ones. This is virtually how I make mine and this is how I can choose how much of each spice and herb to use. We use the grated longhorn cheddar, chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce.The beef bouillon is a nice touch and I use it in my spaghetti sauce as well. I use Better Than Bouillon which I believe has a superior flavor and no MSG.Most often though, we have the more traditional carnitas (pork) tacos with pico de gallo loaded with fresh cilantro."
"i never it yet"
"Made this recipe as a salad on a plate without the taco shells. Crumbled a few tortilla chips on top. Even without the Catalina dressing my husband said this recipe is a keeper. This is a good thing because it's hard to find diet friendly recipes to suit him."