I was making tacos one night and noticed I was out of spicy taco sauce. Using a combination of spices and fat-free Catalina salad dressing saved our family taco night. —Cheryl Plainte, Prudenville, Michigan
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium sweet orange pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- 1/2 cup fat-free Catalina salad dressing
- Shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the chili powder, garlic powder, bouillon, cumin and salt; remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomato, orange pepper and green onions. Spoon beef mixture into taco shells; top with salad mixture. Drizzle with dressing. Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Taco Salad Tacos in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p59
Reviews for Taco Salad Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review