- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 cups reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the beef, onion and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced.
- Add V8 juice and salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons of lettuce, 1 tablespoon of tomato and cheese, and 2 teaspoons of green onions and sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Salad Soup
Sort By :
"love this recipe. I love taco salad but have a teenage son and salad is rarely an option. this works because my son can "opt out" of the toppings."
"LOVE this recipe. I made this last night, doubling the recipe because we were having company. Good thing too...hubby had 3 bowls!! Will definitely make again!!"