Taco Salad for a Large Crowd Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning, divided
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1 package (12-1/2 ounces) nacho tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1-1/3 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef with 1 envelope plus 2 tablespoons taco seasoning until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a very large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chips, tomatoes, beans, olives, cheese, onion, chilies and beef mixture.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, salsa, sugar and remaining taco seasoning; pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 26 servings (1-1/3 cups each).
1-1/3 cups equals 271 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 760 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.