Taco Salad for a Large Crowd Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning, divided
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1 package (12-1/2 ounces) nacho tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1-1/3 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook beef with 1 envelope plus 2 tablespoons taco seasoning until no longer pink; drain.
- In a very large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chips, tomatoes, beans, olives, cheese, onion, chilies and beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, salsa, sugar and remaining taco seasoning; pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 26 servings (1-1/3 cups each).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Taco Salad for a Large Crowd(20)
Sort By :
I love this salad at pot-luck dinners!!! Now I can make it for our family at home, of course cutting it down smaller. So much easier, AND NEATER than tacos! In my opinion yummier too!!!
I don't like a 'wet' taco salad. Does the tortilla chips get mushy? When I eat taco salad, I usually eat the chips on the side like one would eat a cracker.
I have to leave out peppers due to allergies, but put them on the side... I also serve with refried beans
Best taco salad dressing ever!
I would drop the 1000 Island dressing. Take mayonaise and break it down with water to a thinned state. Not to much water, you still need the taste of the mayo. After making your salad, then drizzle the mayo/water liquad over the top of the salad. Oh my! Yum.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >