Taco Salad for 2 Recipe
Amy Fecher from Beavercreek, Ohio shares the colorful taco salad that is her husband's favorite meal. "Because it is simple and he looks forward to it so, I find myself fixing this at least once a month," she says. "And for those brisk fall days, spicier chili beans can add some welcome heat."
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups corn chips
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- In a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, green pepper, onion, olives and salt if desired; heat through.
- On two plates, layer the corn chips, lettuce, beef mixture, cheese and tomato. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Taco Salad in Country Woman September/October 2004, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Taco Salad for 2
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bean Salad Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >