- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: chopped lettuce and tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and picante sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes; set aside.
- Place chips in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, stir refried beans; spread over chips. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Serve with sour cream and picante sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Taco Salad Casserole
Sort By :
This was very yummie
I made this tonight for dinner. My family loved it. I definitely will make it again.
I added some avocado. Very good!
This has an excellent taste. I substituted corn chips for the tortilla chips. I prefer crunchier chips so I may try putting the chips on top during the last five minutes of baking time.
This ws realy great. I added some chips to the top for the last 5 minutes. Think I would add more chips to the bottom.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >