- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: chopped lettuce and tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and picante sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes; set aside.
- Place chips in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, stir refried beans; spread over chips. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Serve with sour cream and picante sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Taco Salad Casserole
Sort By :
"i made it with nacho cheese tortilla chips and without tomatoes,lettuce it was really yummy"
"This was very yummie"
"I made this tonight for dinner. My family loved it. I definitely will make it again."
"I added some avocado. Very good!"
"This has an excellent taste. I substituted corn chips for the tortilla chips. I prefer crunchier chips so I may try putting the chips on top during the last five minutes of baking time."