- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: chopped lettuce and tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and picante sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes; set aside.
- Place chips in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, stir refried beans; spread over chips. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Serve with sour cream and picante sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Taco Salad Casserole
Sort By :
"I have been making this for a long time. I switched out the chips for corn tortillas. I call it enchilada casserole. Layer it like lasagna with a layer of refried beans. Family favorite."
"i made it with nacho cheese tortilla chips and without tomatoes,lettuce it was really yummy"
"This was very yummie"
"I made this tonight for dinner. My family loved it. I definitely will make it again."
"I added some avocado. Very good!"