- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: chopped lettuce and tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and picante sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes; set aside.
- Place chips in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, stir refried beans; spread over chips. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Serve with sour cream and picante sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Taco Salad Casserole
Sort By :
"Very good, Used ground turkey instead of beef. delish!!"
"I thought this was just ok, but my husband really liked it. He wanted me to switch out the refried beans for black beans, which is why I think I didn't like it as much. I felt it was just too dry overall. Next time I will either go with refried beans, or do the black beans with the tomato inside the casserole. It was pretty easy to make."
"We had this delicious dish last night and declare it a five star winner. Husband loved it and wants it again. I used spicy, fat free refried beans , low fat ground beef, 2% shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, and corn chips. This was so easy to prepare and we gobbled it down. I highly recommend this casserole as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"Awesome recipe. It's like taco lasagne, only better. Be flexible and try different layers. It's great!"