Everyone at our house loves this taco salad. In spring we look for something light and refreshing on the menu after the heavier comfort food of winter.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup bean dip
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes plus 2 tablespoons liquid
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the bean dip, chili powder, salt and tomato liquid.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, onions and
- olives. Add beef mixture; toss to coat. Top with chips. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cups equals 469 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 1,007 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon