- 6 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 to 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 cups nacho tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- In a large bowl, layer the first five ingredients in order listed. Just before serving, add chips and salad dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Taco Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p20
Reviews for Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2010
It is great. I have made it several times.