Taco Quiche Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to the package directions. Spoon meat into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in biscuit mix and pepper. Pour over meat.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
Spread sour cream over the top; sprinkle with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onions and cheese.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze baked and cooled quiche in plastic wrap and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap quiche; reheat on a lower oven rack until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Cool for 5 minutes. Spread sour cream over top; sprinkle with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onions and cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 472 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 205 mg cholesterol, 1,360 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.