Taco Quiche Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to the package directions. Spoon meat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in biscuit mix and pepper. Pour over meat.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- 4. Spread sour cream over the top; sprinkle with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onions and cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 472 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 205 mg cholesterol, 1,360 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.