- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to the package directions. Spoon meat into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in biscuit mix and pepper. Pour over meat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread sour cream over the top; sprinkle with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onions and cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Taco Quiche
Sort By :
"Great just as it is. Good with guacamole if you like. I agree with Shirleydimples. Some reviews are so altered they have nothing to do with recipe reviewed."
"Great recipe, ofcourse as always I made as the recipe is printed. Not adding and/or taking away from any ingredients. My suggestion to those who do, post your own version of a recipe rather than review a recipe that has been changed completely."
"This is just one of those wonderful recipes that you can play around with--add or subtract whatever you desire. I added olives and guacamole. Just read the reviews and you get an idea of the many possible variations. Love these kind of recipes!"
"We aren't big fans of crust for quiche so I made this without a crust or any of the biscuit mix. I mixed some shredded cheese in the eggs and milk and baked it in a casserole coated with cooking spray and it turned out great."
"This is really delicious - serve in one sitting, with fresh toppings. (Not meant for leftovers.) Kind of like a taco salad, which most wouldn't want leftover either. But, the combination of the crust and hot ingredients, with the cold toppings is really yummy! Great summer food! ;-)"