Taco Quiche Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to the package directions. Spoon meat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Stir in biscuit mix and pepper. Pour over meat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread sour cream over the top; sprinkle with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, onions and cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Taco Quiche
Sort By :
We aren't big fans of crust for quiche so I made this without a crust or any of the biscuit mix. I mixed some shredded cheese in the eggs and milk and baked it in a casserole coated with cooking spray and it turned out great.
This is really delicious - serve in one sitting, with fresh toppings. (Not meant for leftovers.) Kind of like a taco salad, which most wouldn't want leftover either. But, the combination of the crust and hot ingredients, with the cold toppings is really yummy! Great summer food! ;-)
One of my favorite recipes
I added a bit to it but I used the base recipe. After it got done cooking I put hot refried beans and mexican rice on top of it. Then I put the shredded cheese on top and covered it with foil and let it sit for the 5-10 minutes it called for so the cheese could melt. I left off all the topping and let everone place their own toppings. This way I can reheat left overs w/out having to deal with soggy lettuce and hot sour cream. It was really good!
My husband and I liked this recipe, my kids however, were not huge fans. I'm not sure how the leftovers will turn out because of the lettuce though. I may have to just top each piece individually next time so that I can warm up any leftovers we have.