Taco Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
Here is a hot idea from the CW test kitchen - toast seeds from a freshly cut pumpkin in taco seasoning and a bit of garlic salt. The combination packs a tasty punch!
- 1 cup seeds from freshly cut pumpkin, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. In a skillet, saute pumpkin seeds in oil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer seeds to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and garlic salt; stir to coat. Spread into a single layer. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until crisp. Remove to paper towels to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks. Yield: 1 cup.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 70 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC