Taco Puffs Recipe
I got this recipe from a friend years ago and still make these cheesy sandwiches regularly. I serve them for dinner along with a steaming bowl of soup or fresh green salad. Any leftovers taste even better the next day for lunch. A helpful hint: Plain refrigerated biscuits seal together better than buttermilk types. —Jan Schmid Hibbing Minnesota
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tubes (16.3 ounces each) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Cool slightly.
- 2. Flatten half of the biscuits into 4-in. circles; place in greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Spoon 1/4 cup meat mixture onto each; sprinkle with 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Flatten the remaining biscuits; place on top and pinch edges to seal tightly. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 puff equals 646 calories, 34 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 1,775 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC