- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 packages (17.3 ounces each) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, pepper, tomato sauce and chilies. Cool completely.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold one puff pastry sheet. Roll into a 15x12-in. rectangle; cut into twenty 3-in. squares. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon beef mixture near the center of each square. Brush edges of pastry with water; fold pastry over filling, forming a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites and water; brush over tops. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 80 appetizers.
Originally published as Taco Puff Pastries in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Taco Puff Pastries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2015