Taco Potato Pie
I made several of these hearty pies for a branding bee on our cattle ranch. Everybody had to have the recipe. With mashed potatoes, ground beef, beans and fresh vegetables, it's truly a meal in itself.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Combine the potatoes and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning. Press into a
- greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, barbecue sauce, water and
- remaining taco seasoning. Cook and stir until hot and bubbly. Spoon
- into potato crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Top with
- lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 407 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,290 mg sodium,