Taco Potato Pie Recipe
I made several of these hearty pies for a branding bee on our cattle ranch. Everybody had to have the recipe. With mashed potatoes, ground beef, beans and fresh vegetables, it's truly a meal in itself.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- 1. Combine the potatoes and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning. Press into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; set aside.
- 2. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, barbecue sauce, water and remaining taco seasoning. Cook and stir until hot and bubbly. Spoon into potato crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 407 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,290 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC