Taco Pork Chops
With a kick from taco seasoning, everyday and ordinary take a backseat to new and exciting. You'll love this dressed-up version of the weeknight staple. These pork chops are tender, saucy and just right for the kids. —Fay Baswell, Lodi, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3
- minutes on each side or until lightly browned. In a small bowl,
- combine the tomato sauce, 3/4 cup water, onion and taco seasoning.
- Pour over pork and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat
- stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Remove pork to a serving plate and keep warm. Combine flour and
- remaining water until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with
- pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/2 cup sauce equals 327 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 1,134 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.