Taco Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, 3/4 cup water, onion and taco seasoning. Pour over pork and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 2. Remove pork to a serving plate and keep warm. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 327 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1134mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Taco Pork Chops
"I would like to make this in a slow cooker. Does anyone know how to change the recipe to do that?I'm sorry to put this under reviews. I didn't see any place to ask questions."
"Super easy and extremely delicious! One of my husband's new favorites! The kids liked it, too :)"
"Made this tonight for the roomates and myself as I had every thing on hand, this was awesome every body said this is definetly a keeper. Loved by all"
"I'm always hesitant about trying new dinners with 3 boys...one of them quite picky. However, this recipe was a hit! Will definitely be making it again and again and again.....the sauce/gravy was delicious on the rice too."
"I used taco sauce instead of tomato sauce for a little extra kick. My son and I enjoyed this with rice."
"This pork chop recipe was very refreshing! My whole family enjoyed it. We all felt it was a keeper. It has been added to my folder as a monthly dinner. :)"
"These were very good. I can't wait to try this on other meats. I did not use the water and flour to make extra sauce, because you already have plenty. My husband was very surprised by these. Everyone enjoyed them"
"Easy to make and would also taste great with chicken!"
"So simple but so good! my husband loved them, he now wants me to try this with chicken."
"This was excellent! Easy to make and everyone loved it."
"Really easy to prepare. I skipped the step with the flour and water at the end, extra sauce is not necessary."
"This is wonderful! All of my family ate it, including the children!"